Friday, May 16, 2014

Moodiness, Belly, and Babymoon!

You can tell I am winding down cant you?  I went from posting every day to only twice this week- and now that I think about it,  one was a guest post and one was a post about someone else's post, lol...I guess it was bound to happen.  I have been thinking about a new post, but my thought process went a little like this " I need to post something......ahh, not now...Im in a funk...I'll post when I'm in  a better mood." Well, I am still not in a great mood but we will call it "improved"...


I thought I'd share with you where I am at in regard to the pregnancy and getting ready for new nugget:

So I am 35ish weeks pregnant, I think....I havent been really keeping up too closely.  I rely on my Midwife Toni to tell me at our appts and then I promptly forget...

I have gained 30 lbs, not too bad...people tell me I'm "all belly" which is a great compliment you can give to a pregnant woman (even if it is a lie).  

I am still getting HILARIOUS comments & reactions about the size of this legendary baby belly....The top 2 moments, by far, that made me CRY laughing were:


  1. I was walking to my car from work and happen to look over my shoulder, behind me, when I notice an oncoming truck of landscapers giving me the  "Hey, how you doin?" look...(Mama still got it ;)....that look COMPLETELY changed when their truck made it along side me where they could see the big ol baby belly....seriously, the drivers mouth went from an admiring smile to a mouth gaping open in surprise....it was soooo funny!
  2. Another moment when I was leaving work and walking to the front desk to sign out...there was a man there talking to the receptionist.  He was only able to see me from the chest up due to the height of the counter...he politely smiled, I politely smiled....but then I rounded the corner (of the "L" shaped desk) and he saw the belly and let out a very low & long "whoaaaaa"...then he realized he said it out loud an immediately apologized....as I promptly busted out laughing! He said he totally didnt expect to see a belly like that when I rounded the corner...he said his wife has had 4 kids and he's never seen anything like that...lol.  I learned later that he felt so bad he called the receptionist later that day to make sure he hadn't hurt my feelings or offended me. lol, oh I was in tears laughing!
Good times

SO on a different topic, Callan will be moving into his new room this coming week...I FINALLY finished it....and it is so stinking cute! I will post pics next week....2 cribs in my house at the same time....who'd of ever thunk it...

I have new baby boy's room all ready....although I didnt have to do too much, just unpack newborn stuff and wash all the tiny newborn clothes and onesies and get them hung up.  It really is a cool moment to get the new room all ready....really makes you think about the new little person you are about to bring into the world...the person you dont event know, but love unconditionally. My world is gonna change tremendously...again, pretty soon!  Still just need to pick out a name...we have 3 we are throwing around but cant seem to commit on one.

Still got a list of things to do to get ready for my home birth...which I can hammer down on now that Callans room is done.  But its FRIDAY and I will do none of that this weekend!!!!  This weekend is my "babymoon"...my Mom has got my kid and the hubs and I will be relaxing at a friends MANSION, poolside and I will be in a bikini, lol (its a private pool)!!! I've got a massage booked, gonna do some shopping...oh yes...I will be relaxing and I need it!!!! See ya suckers! I'm makin' like a baby and heading out!





5 comments:

  1. Bahahaha!!! I totally envisioned the landscaper's jaw dropping... That's great. That's when you know the "You're all belly!" comments are, in fact, TRUE! You were the same way with Callan - couldn't even tell from behind! Yeah, I looked at your behind a few times, sue me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who could resist dis bootay, cant blame ya, lol! jk

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha that's what I get for catching up on older posts. I hope you had a great time.

      Delete
    2. Haha, thank you! Its was wonderful!

      Delete