Monday, February 17, 2014

First blog post, ta-da!

A first blog post is a very daunting task. It has taken me a solid week to even make an attempt! I feel like it has to be epic and groundbreaking to set the tone for my mad blogging skills to be showcased. I have a gazillion things to say and I can spend a chunk of the day writing out a post in my head....only to forget everything when I sit down to type it out.  You see I am a talker, that's what I do for a living.  I'm a Morning Show Radio DJ, my specialty (in my own head) is my off the cuff wit and sarcasm....however,  I am not sure this will translate well in writing.  I know I will over-analyze, re-read and critique my post to make sure It comes out just right...and even then I know it wont.  Maybe blogging is a bad idea for me...I foresee I lot of links to other blogs with awesome posts that say what I cant seem to get out....

Another worry I have with blogging.....meanies on the internet.  As tough as I think I am, I know I will get my feelings hurt by some no-name jerk who will pick apart something I say...I see this more and more on other blogs and its the worst!  Not to mention I am pregnant at the moment so I am extremely tender-hearted right now...ask my husband...although he might call it something else.

There you have it....my fears, now that its out there hopefully I can just get past it and do what I came here to do...talking about birthin' them babies!

I am a mother of 1 little bruiser and another on the way, and I am so excited to be a Momma of 2 boys, who will be 18 months apart, I pray for them to be best friends.  I gave birth naturally with a mid-wife previously, and have the same goal for when this new little nugget arrives. I worded that last sentence very deliberately as to always remember that Gods plan is above all, and sometimes it differs from my own plans.  The word "goal"  reminds me to to remain flexible, so that if my birth doesn't happen exactly as I envision I will not be completely devastated.
Umm, I have not cherished every moment....but that's another post

Speaking of things not going as planned...I think my next post will probably be the story of my home birth-turned-hospital-transport....don't worry, there was no emergency or distress.  I just flat out got tired and needed some pitocin to get my contractions going again...wait, did I just ruin the suspense?? I think I'll write that post like a movie trailer.....
"In a world where a woman laboring for 18 hours and pushing for 4 gets tired...."  

So once I figure out all the in's and out's of how to set up my blog how I want it to look there will be lots of cool info and links about Birthin'.  I'm excited to share my take on this and things I've learned along the way.  This blog will mainly be dedicated to natural child birth, so if thats not your bag baby, its cool....people all are different and I aint hating on anyone for doing things different than me.  That's my attitude: "you do you, I do me, and we'll all be happy".


Kellie


2 comments:

  1. Great job!! I just spent "nap time" reading all your posts and really enjoyed them. I like the science and other resources you give as well as your awesome humor. Looking forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete